I’ve recently involved with some French SharePoint MVPs in writing the whitepaper that covers SharePoint audit. Every successful SharePoint deployment whether it’s big or not likely requires audit process. There are the following main reasons why auditing SharePoint is really important:
- Identifying things are properly configured in SharePoint farm
- Identifying the impaction of hardware and software on SharePoint performance
- Measuring security in several different aspects
- Infrastructure involved to operate SharePoint
- Customization maintenance
It’s never enough to say things written in the whitepaper are all of what we need. There are many other things that need auditing. The whitepaper is just a good starting point for you to get in the process of SharePoint assessment completely.
The whitepaper is publicly downloadable at http://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/SharePoint-Customer-4e66611a